These are not to be missed. When I was in Greece the Grandmother who lived upstairs showed me how to fry them. All she did was coat with egg and fry, nothing else. They are delicate of flavor and so beautiful. Impress everyone with these guy. I suggest trying them simply, however stuffing anything with cheese will entice picky and skeptical eaters.
Try goat cheese, herbed cheese or this vegan cheese. Try different herbs like thyme or lemon balm
1. Rinse well
2. Make sure no bugs or dirt are still inside
3. Remove stigma, the thing in the middle
4. Stuff with cheese (or don’t)
5. Coat with egg, twisting gently to close (you can see in the picture the final product has a slight twist to it)
6. Fry in butter or coconut oil. Only a minute just enough to crisp, if you see the cheese melting out that’s time to pull the flower out.